CMHA Middlesex Board of Directors held its monthly meeting on October 23, 2017. Seven Board Directors and three staff were in attendance for the meeting.
- With regret, the Board accepted Rifat Hussain’s resignation from the Board, and thanked her for her contribution.
- Kathryn Lambert, of Vanier Children’s Services, was welcomed to the Board.
- The Board of Directors approved the Consent Agenda.
- Financial statements were presented to the end of September 2017, indicating a minimal operating surplus.
- Work has begun on the 2018/19 Budget.
- The Board authorized the Ministry of Housing to approve mortgage renewal for property in London.
- The CEO updated the Board on the following: EMS Diversion pilot site at LHSC; Strategic Leadership Team planning days held in the fall to determine organizational priorities (Financial Stability, Public Education, My Sisters’ Place, Housing, and Info and Brief Support Programs); Province is looking at CMHAs to be lead agencies in the modernization of Homes for Special Care; CMHA M will receive one-time funding for pilot in the Alternate Level of Care divestment
- Finance Audit – no update
- Fund Development Committee – positive numbers to date
- Human Resources – request to Board members to join the committee
- Nominating Governance – recommended that A. Cook be elected to Board, approved and carried
- Quality Assurance Risk Management – no update
Next meeting will be held December 4, 2017.