Impact Junk Solutions operates “The Furniture Bank” which is primarily for people getting housed after experiencing homelessness.
How does it work?
- Furniture packages for an individual or couple (8 items) or a family (up to 14 items) are available.
- A fixed price of $150 to $225 is billed to agency or OW Discretionary Benefits. The idea is to offer free furniture to the client, while covering our expanded operating costs.
- Process starts with a client request/“wish-list.”
- Items in good repair, free of significant stains, dents or rips are pulled from warehouse stock.
- Order are fulfilled based on availability.
Individual/Couple furniture package includes:
- new single mattress & box on feet (with frame/headboard & footboard if available)
- side or coffee table
- kitchen table + 2 chairs
- floor/table lamp
Additional items (dependent on warehouse stock):
- arm chair
- side/coffee table (to complement above)
- shelving unit
- small kitchen appliance (microwave, blender, toaster oven, etc.)
What is the process?
- Agencies wishing to refer an individual or family complete our online request form.
- We will schedule a delivery (within a two-week window) and we do our best to accommodate move in dates. (Please note that an on-site contact is required.)
- We will submit a quote to Ontario Works or the referring agency. Once approved and confirmed with agency representative, we will deliver items right to the individual’s home.
When a request/wish list is received, a response is sent out listing what is currently available. At that point, the agency representative can accept or decline the furniture. Quote is submitted to Ontario Works or agency for payment and once approved, delivery is confirmed.