New for the 2017/18 fiscal year, the Canadian Mental Health Association, Middlesex Board of Directors will share highlights from its monthly meetings.
April Meeting Highlights:
CMHA Middlesex Board of Directors held its April meeting on Monday April 12, 2017. Nine Board Directors and two staff were in attendance for parts of the meeting.
- Shoppers Drug Mart Corporate representatives planned to tour My Sisters’ Place London the following month.
- SW LHIN funding, in the amounts of $168K for supportive housing and $63K for rent supplements, arrived in late March. This funding was allocated to fiscal 2016/17, and will become part of the base budget for the 2017/18 fiscal year.
- Our Housing Program, along with Property Services, is working with a local landlord to secure units for the rent supplements.
- The Board received the SW LHIN Peer Support Communique 2017.
- CMHA Ontario is hosting a Board Governance conference in June; Board members are encouraged to attend.
- Finance and Audit: Board received the PricewaterhouseCoopers Audit Plan and Engagement Letter (standards for non-profits)
- Fund Development Committee: Held its first meeting, reviewing terms of reference, and discussed ideas for expanded membership
- Human Resources: Refining the performance evaluation template
- Nominating Governance: Setting up buddy system for new members; bringing all Committee Chairs together to collectively talk about structures and formats on how to submit information to the Board
- Quality Assurance Risk Management: No update