CMHA Middlesex Board of Directors held its monthly meeting on December 10, 2018. Twelve Board Directors, and three staff were in attendance for the meeting.
- The Board approved the Consent agenda
- The Board received follow-up documents from the Quality Improvement Education session
- The Board reviewed a list of areas for improvement based on annual reporting. The Directors will prioritize the top 5 for focus next fiscal
- The Board received Q2 financial statements
- CEO report:
- We received approval from the LHIN to run the Transitional Care Project till March 2019
- Employee Engagement Survey was shared, the results were positive, staff are committed to the work they do
- Board Committees provided verbal updates regarding activities as laid out in their annual work plans. Highlights included updates for the Terms of Reference for three committees. Finance Audit is reviewing the Fiduciary Reporting document. Human Resources is working on the performance evaluation for the CEO and Nominating Governance has retained a consultant to help us review our Bylaws and Board policies.
- CMHA ON is hosting a conference April 2019, there are three planning streams: Executive/Leadership, Governance, Clinical/Front Line; Lorri Lowe will help with the planning for the Governance stream
- The Chair and CEO will attend initial meeting to look at ways to strengthen services and programs for individuals served
Next meeting will be held January 14, 2019.
The Board held a quality training session with Mike Dunn, Director of Quality Improvement CMHA ON.