CMHA Middlesex Board of Directors held its monthly meeting on February 12, 2018. Nine Board Directors, and four staff were in attendance for the meeting.
- Chris Babcock, Director Privacy, Risk and Quality Improvement, Acting Director Supportive Housing presented to the Board
- This portfolio includes: Property Services (owned/leased properties), Supportive Independent Living, Supportive Transitional Housing, and Specialized Residential Treatment Facilities. Housing is a priority with all levels of government, and internally
- The Board accepted and approved the Consent Agenda
- Financial Statements presented for December 31, 2017; currently in a solid cash position, with no major concerns
- CMHA Middlesex Board adopted via a motion the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement
- CMHA M partnered with London Knights for Talk Today game to raise awareness for mental health
- CMHA M will not be participating in Ride Don’t Hide 2018, due to supporting the Run For Women
- The Annual General Meeting will be held in June
- Finance Audit
-cash flows are positive largely due to leadership implementation of cost controls
-will engage with audit firm in early March for review of contract
- Fund Development Committee – no update
- Human Resources – next step is to review performance appraisal process for CEO
- Nominating Governance – no update
- Quality Assurance Risk Management – no update
Next meeting will be held March 12, 2018
Email February 2, 2018, on behalf of Bill Chantler, Chair
The Board of Directors of Canadian Mental Health Association, Middlesex are extremely pleased to announce that Dr. Beth Mitchell has been appointed permanent Chief Executive Officer for the organization effective Monday, February 5, 2018.
Dr. Mitchell is an established and well-respected strategic leader and brings outstanding skills, a wealth of knowledge and experience in mental health services to this position. Over the past 6 month period Beth has done an exceptional job as interim and the Board is confident that her outstanding leadership will continue to move CMHA Middlesex forward in a very positive way.