Impact Junk Solutions was launched in 2012 as a social enterprise of CMHA Middlesex. We exclusively hire individuals with mental health concerns. As a part of our team, Impact Junk Warehouse Assistants maintain an organized, safe and efficient warehouse environment. This enables us to consistently offer a welcoming and inclusive service to our community, and ensures that visitors to the Furniture Bank at the warehouse are able to quickly and comfortably locate items that they need. These volunteers will also serve as positive ambassadors of CMHA Middlesex.
Job Description and Primary Responsibilities
- Greet donors and customers
- Assess furniture from donors to determine acceptability of items
- Assist with the loading, unloading, and sorting of collected goods and items
- Maintain a level of organization at the warehouse
- Follow appropriate dress code, which includes wearing CSA approved boots when required, as well as wearing an Impact Junk Solutions shirt
- Moderate to heavy physical work required (i.e., bending, lifting, carrying, pulling, pushing, standing, repetitive motions)
- Able to lift large bulky, and possibly heavy items using lifting devices
- Able to lift items in and out of a truck
- Reliable and hardworking
- Able to engage with individuals of lived mental health experience
- Demonstrate judgment and organizational skills
- Able to engage respectfully with donors and customers
- Clear Vulnerable Person’s Screening for Volunteering
Impact Junk Solutions
38 Adelaide St. N., Unit #6B N6B 3N5
One 4-5 hour shift per week, evenings or on Saturdays
The Impact Junk Warehouse Assistant position takes direction from the Impact Junk Solutions Operations Lead.
Does this role sound like a great fit for you? Complete our Volunteer Application Form.