CMHA Middlesex Board of Directors held its monthly meeting on October 15, 2018. Nine Board Directors, four staff and two guests were in attendance for the meeting.
- Tom Warner was welcomed to his first meeting of the Board of Directors
- C Lee and S Kasheft, students from the Not-For-Profit Management diploma program through Western, attended as part of their Boards and Governance class
- Two CMHA Middlesex Manager presented to the Board on being a trauma informed agency
- The Board approved, via email, to accept an offer of purchase on the Talbot Street property
- The Board approved the agenda
- CEO reported that CMHA M was accepted for IDEAS training with the University of Toronto quality improvement training program; the Shoppers Drug Mart Run For Women event presented a cheque for $110K for My Sisters’ Place program; internally programs are preparing for the October 17 legalization date of cannabis use
- Board Committees provide verbal updates regarding activities as laid out in their annual work plans. Highlights included confirmation from Finance Audit that reports will come to the Board on a quarterly basis.
- The Board accepted a proposal from Nominating Governance for a consultant to complete a review of our Bylaws and Board policies.
- The Board moved into a closed session to discuss process for CEO performance appraisal
- The Board moved out of a closed session
- The Board will hold a Quality Education session on November 12
Next meeting will be held December 10, 2018.