At CMHA Middlesex, our clients value the one-on-one contributions of our volunteers to help enhance their quality of life. As a volunteer member of our team, you will assist our clients with a variety of tasks, which may include:
- Driving to appointments, to the grocery store, or to events
- Providing assistance while shopping
- Visiting to provide social interaction and decrease isolation
- Offering support to complete activities of daily living
- Offering support during meal times (*specific to our Long Term Stay settings)
If you are interested in this position, and you have the skills and qualifications listed below, then please consider joining our volunteer team for a meaningful experience:
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- An ability to take initiative and self-manage
- Demonstrated ability to act responsibly and conduct oneself in a professional manner
- Previous experience working with a vulnerable population
- Must be able to commit to one 3-hour shift per week.
- Current drivers’ licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- A current and clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- An ability to work with others as a member of a team
- Must be responsible and patient, with an understanding of mental health and a sense of humour
Position Location: To be identified based upon location of client. May be at a supervised Long Term Stay setting, at our Supportive Living Apartments, or privately within the community.
Time Commitment: One shift per week, for a maximum of 3 hours
Need More Information? Please contact our Community Engagement Coordinator at 519-668-0624, ext. 287
Does this role sound like a great fit for you? Please complete our Volunteer Application Form.