The Eating Disorders Residence is a voluntary 8 bed residence offered in partnership with London Health Science Centre’s Adult Eating Disorders Service. It offers specialized supports and programs in a home-like setting for those 18+ who have an eating disorder diagnosis and need 24 hour support to interrupt eating disorder symptoms. Clients who stay in the residence participate in day treatment and are supported 24/7 by CMHA Middlesex Mental Health Workers. Individualized treatment plans are created for each client; however, our overarching goal is to help participants normalize their eating, decrease and eliminate unhelpful behaviours, increase coping with emotions, and address unhelpful beliefs they have about themselves and their bodies.
To learn more about this program please contact:
Adult Eating Disorders Service
London Health Sciences Centre
Phone: 519-685-8500 ext. 74793
Resources to learn more about Eating Disorders:
To supplement your learning about Eating Disorders, we are pleased to share a link “GAIN.” Created by Tegan Duncan and Zeina Beidas, GAIN is a 40 minute educational documentary about anorexia nervosa that uses a combination of personal narrative and evidence from doctors and researchers to shed light on the reality of eating disorders. Some of the key topics include:
- Are eating disorders genetic diseases?
- The many faces of eating disorders: A cross-cultural phenomenon
- How rats can become anorexic (hint: it’s not about wanting to look good in a bathing suit)
- When does a healthy lifestyle become unhealthy? How much exercise is too much?
- Fasting and exercise as biological triggers for anorexia nervosa
Please CLICK HERE to watch GAIN.