What is Reach Out?
Reach Out is a bilingual 24/7 information, support and crisis service for people with mental health or addiction concerns living in Elgin, Oxford, Middlesex or London. It is a free public service, run by trusted local organizations, that quickly connects you with the help that you need. Reach Out is available by phone (1-866-933-2023) or by webchat.
Why connect with Reach Out?
There are many reasons why you might call Reach Out. Some of these reasons are:
- Crisis intervention including access to a mobile crisis team
- Emotional trauma, distress or relapse
- Thoughts of suicide or harming self or others
- Access to community supports and addiction treatment
- Substance use, gaming, Internet disorder and problem gambling
- General information about mental health and addictions
- All calls are answered by trained information and referral specialists, backed by a robust database of local and provincial service information.
You can expect a supportive, caring professional who is very knowledgeable about mental health and addictions concerns to answer the phone. This person knows what services are available and how to connect you with them. With a single phone call, you can receive crisis support, a supportive listener, information and education, or access to a mental health or addictions professional.
To learn more about Reach Out, visit www.reachout247.ca.
Reach Out is a partnership of Addictions Services of Thames Valley and the Canadian Mental Health Associations of Oxford, Elgin and Middlesex.