Part of attaining wellness is improving your physical health along with your mental health. Our clinical team offers health promotion, disease and injury prevention and chronic disease management.
- Psychiatrist Consultation Clinic
- The goal of the community clinic is prevention, stabilization and treatment of mental disorders.
- Opiate Replacement Therapy (Suboxone Clinic)
- Suboxone is a medication used for pain management and opioid withdrawal. The clinic offers suboxone and counselling to support you with your recovery goals.
- Diabetes Support and Self-Management Program
- Individuals living with Schizophrenia are 2 – 4 times more likely to develop Type 2 Diabetes. Some antipsychotics are linked to an increased incidence of diabetes. Our Diabetes support program was designed to support the care provided by family physicians to community based mental health clients diagnosed with diabetes. Individuals enrolled in the Diabetes Support Program have access to a Registered Dietitian and may receive regular nutrition counselling.
- Occupational Therapy
- Occupational therapists work with individuals to explore activities related to your lifestyle, needs and goals. Together you create a plan for improving your self-care, productivity and leisure.
- Foot Care Clinics
- The nursing team offers free foot care to individuals on a regular basis with emphasis on those who have diabetes. They are responsible for providing assessment, treatment and education for individuals who are at risk for developing foot problems.
- DBT Groups
- Our DBT informed groups aim to teach individuals with a history of self-harm behaviours and certain types of emotional and behavioural difficulties, new skills to create a life worth living. DBT is a combination of cognitive behavioural approaches with Eastern meditation practices. Participants are taught skills in a group setting to help them create an improved quality of life.
- Outreach Injection Nurse
- Smoking Cessation
- Medical Clinic with a Family Physician
- Primary health care is available through the CMHA Middlesex Medical Clinic for individuals who don’t have access to a family physician in the community. The clinic supports individuals on a short term basis with the goal of addressing the immediate medical needs of individuals with mental health concerns. Once their physical health needs are stabilized, the goal is to transfer their care back to a family physician in their community.
- Family Support
- Bereavement Counselling
Please note, the medical clinic with the family physician and the consultation clinic with the psychiatrist are only for individuals served by CMHA Middlesex who DO NOT already have access to these services.
To request more information or to access these programs, please complete our welcome form or contact one of our sites.