At CMHA Middlesex, we value the one-on-one contributions of our volunteers to enhance the quality of life of the individuals we serve.
As a volunteer member of our Leisure & Life Skills Team, you will directly assist the individuals we serve as they participate in our Cooking, Activity & Games, Gardening and Sewing/Knitting/Crochet Programs:
- Cooking Program: assist with meal prep and clean up; as well as encourage participants of the program as they learn new cooking skills. NOTE: This is a 6-8 week program that runs a few times throughout the year.
- Tuesday and Thursday afternoon Activities & Games Program: assist with game set up & clean up, as well as participate in game activities with program participants.
- Gardening Program: Provide assistance to individuals who are participating in this program by assisting with gardening tasks such as ensuring that tools and supplies are available, planting, weeding, watering and other related tasks as required.
- Sewing/Knitting/Crochet Program: Assisting the group leader as required and offering support and encouragement to the program participants as they create.
If you are interested in volunteering with any of these programs, and you have the skills and qualifications listed below, then please consider joining our volunteer team for a meaningful experience:
- Patience and compassion for others
- Communication and listening skills
- An ability to take initiative and self-manage
- Demonstrated ability to act responsibly and conduct oneself in a professional manner
- For Cooking or Sewing/Knitting/Crochet Programs: must possess basic cooking skills, or basic sewing, knitting & crochet skills
- A current and clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Does this role sound like a great fit for you? Please apply by completing our Volunteer Application Form.