At My Sisters’ Place, we have adopted The Canadian Code For Volunteer Involvement (CCVI) as an integral part of operational practice, to be made known to every employee and volunteer, and to be made readily available to every staff member and volunteer for consistent reference and consultation.
It doesn’t matter how much or how little time you have to offer. All that matters is that you have the desire to get involved!
There are a variety of ways that My Sisters’ Place volunteers impact the lives – and the quality of life – of the individuals served by our agency. At all of our sites, volunteers are at the heart of our services. Today we have more than 50 volunteers supporting our work. Their value is incalculable!
Want to get involved?
There are always a number of rewarding volunteer opportunities available to which you may offer your skills, time and talents in a way that positively affects the individuals we serve. If you are interested in volunteering with My Sisters’ Place, specifically, or any of the other services offered by CMHA Middlesex, please start by completing the Volunteer Application Form in full. Please remember to let us know what position you are interested in! You can complete the e-form, or you can print the PDF version and then email, mail or drop it off.
Current Volunteer Opportunities at My Sisters’ Place:
• Provide a welcoming atmosphere that encourages engagement from individuals that are served by My Sisters’ Place.
• Assist with preparation of food items and beverages.
• Wash dishes, utensils and kitchen appliances and ensure their proper storage.
• Ensure that work surfaces are clean.
• Comply with health and safety regulations.
• Report any and all concerns to the My Sisters’ Place staff and/or Volunteer and Peer Support Worker (safety concerns must be reported immediately to the program manager).
• Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of the women accessing services and support.
• Attend initial orientation and ongoing training and meetings.
DONATION PROCESSING ASSISTANT:
• Breaking down and disposing of cardboard boxes and other recyclables; and/or garbage waste
• General maintenance for space signage
• Re-stocking donated personal hygiene items as necessary for unreceived orders
• Ensuring the processing of donated gift cards as per agency policy and procedure
• Ensuring that the emergency walkways are free of any stored items or debris.
• Sorting and preparing items that are to be donated to an outside agency
• Communicate inventory levels of donated items to delegated My Sisters’ Place staff for the purposes of determining need for public asks
• Sorting incoming donations and stocking all items onto appropriate storage shelving
• General cleaning regiment (i.e. sweeping of floors somewhat regularly
For more information about the roles we are recruiting for, please contact:
Volunteer Program Coordinator
Canadian Mental Health Association, Middlesex
534 Queens Ave.
We want to ensure that you have a positive experience with us and that we build a mutually beneficial relationship. To learn more about our agency and the roles that volunteers play, please call 519-668-0624 x293