The Relief Driver will provide transportation services to support the rehabilitation of individuals of the Community Homes for Opportunity Program in Strathroy area.
Successful candidates must have a Police Vulnerable Sector Check completed in the last six months. In order to avoid delays in beginning a position, interested applicants who reside in the City of London and are in need of a Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) are encouraged to apply for one as soon as possible as PVSCs in the City of London are currently taking approximately 3 weeks to be processed and offers of employment cannot be made without receipt of a PVSC.
Job Description and Primary Responsibilities:
• Provide transportation to/from the Strathroy Site for individuals, this may include trips to London and surrounding areas.
• Provide additional transportation of clients needing access to services as required, subject to availability
• Ensure safe transportation environment by assisting with basic servicing of CMHA Middlesex vehicles, e.g. gas, cleaning off the windows in the winter, etc.
• Identify and report to identified supervisory staff, any emergency situations concerning person(s) or property, as per CMHA Middlesex procedures
• Complete all documentation as prescribed in CMHA Middlesex policies and procedures
• Perform other related duties as directed
• Valid driver’s licence
• Proof of adequate insurance coverage for transportation of individuals-served
• Proof of current, clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
• Ability to attend work regularly
• Knowledge of basic vehicle and general maintenance requirements
• Experience working with people with mental illness
• Knowledge of First Aid, CPR, fire, health and safety procedures
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing needs and circumstances
• Bilingual in both official languages is an asset
• Moderate physical work required, i.e. assisting individuals in/out of the vehicle
Hours of Work:
• Varying; subject to program needs
• Hours are predominantly 8:30am-4:30pm or 12:00pm-8:00pm (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
• Anticipated hours of approximately 21-35 hours per week; shifts available 7 days per week
• Additional hours to be negotiated as available
How to Apply:
Our recruitment process allows us to learn about your previous work experience, your qualifications and your commitment to fulfilling our vision. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by December 8, 2019 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those individuals being considered for a position will be personally contacted by someone from the interview team.